Alt: Best Place to Sell a Car Online – 2018 Ford Focus ST-Line EcoBoost 1.0
Title: What is the Best Place to Sell a Car Online?
Paragraph Title: How to Find the Best Place to Sell a Car Online
Would you like to find the best place to sell a car online? The good news is that thousands of websites allow you to sell a car. The bad news is that many are car buying fraudsters and scammers looking to take your money for nothing.
That is why it is not only about finding the best, but also the safest way to sell a car online. Always be careful who and where you are selling your vehicle to. That is why we prepared a detailed guide on the topic. Here is what you should know about selling your car online, and how to make the most out of the process!
Paragraph Title: What Is the Best Way to Sell a Car Online?
Two main types of online business that help with the sale process are:
- Car buyers
The most popular marketplaces are Facebook Marketplace, eBay Motors, Craigslist, etc. Whichever you choose, be ready to handle all the logistics and details. For selling cars on Facebook Marketplace, you need to have a registered account, enter all information about vehicles, upload photos, etc. You should also visit the platform regularly to communicate with potential buyers.
Alternatively, you can find a car buying business that purchases vehicles directly from customers. Pay close attention when choosing a company. Many buyers have shady business ethics and do not hesitate to scam the seller if an opportunity arises.
The crucial tip for staying safe is to pick reputable platforms and buyers. Although you might encounter eBay car scams, they are not as frequent as with shady websites.
Here are some additional tips to stay protected:
- Only accept cash – be cautious when the buyer asks you to pay the shipping in advance. Avoid entering your credit card details unless you picked a reputable platform.
- Always meet in public – shady car buyers pick secluded locations to meet you. That is why you should always choose coffeehouses or crowded areas. If possible, let someone know you have a meeting and call them after you are done.
- Test drive rules – the purchaser might ask to go on a test drive. Avoid going with them because you don’t want to go in a car with a thief. Before the test starts, take out any valuable items from the vehicle. Ask the buyer to photograph their license or take their name and address from a valid official document.
- Choose the payment location wisely – it might be safest to choose the purchaser’s bank.
Paragraph Title: How Much It Will Cost to Sell Your Car Online?
The first thing to note is that there aren’t many free websites to sell cars. Some platforms will offer premium packages to accelerate the process and secure better offers. The general rule is that the more you pay, the better the response.
The prices vary depending on the platform. Craigslist only charges $5 for an ad, but Autotrader packages costs from $25 to $90. But is Autotrader worth it? That depends on your budget and the profit you planned from selling the vehicle.
We browsed the popular platforms, and these are the package prices:
- Cars.com – purchase an upgrade listing for $20 to $49.
- eBay Motors – sales fees are from $60 to $125.
- CarGurus – sales fees are $99.
Paragraph Title: Why We Are the Best Online Site to Sell Your Car?
If you are selling a vehicle online, you want a hassle-free process that won’t take a lot of time and effort. That is why we are the best place to sell a car online. We don’t require any work from the customer, and all it takes is a phone call!
The call won’t last more than five minutes, and it won’t cost you a cent. We will even secure a free pick-up so that you don’t have to bother driving your vehicle to us.
Forget about those tedious free car selling sites that require you to create and maintain listings. Make sure that you won’t deal with sketchy businesses, scam artists, or Craigslist weirdos. Give us a call today and ensure that the entire car selling process goes smoothly!